So I know a lot of you are going back to school and some already are ! This basically is a help to those of you who don’t have much time to prepare your breakfast or a snack for school but there are some that takes a little more time ! I put together some healthy snacks even for the morning or afternoon (how you wish) !
Quinoa and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps (Full details)
|1/2 cup||Onion, diced|
|1||Red or yellow pepper, rinsed, seeded and diced|
|1/2 (15oz) can||Black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups||Cooked quinoa|
|1||Avocado, peeled and diced|
|To taste||Frank’s Red Hot Sauce|
|To taste||Salt and black pepper|
|8 leafs||Boston Bibb lettuce|
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package.
- Prepare onion and red pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients above (except for lettuce leafs).
- Once the mixture is combined, spread ¼ cup of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and wrap/fold over like a taco shell.
- Enjoy as a snack or a quick lunch!
Crackers With Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread and Banana
- 2 crisp bread crackers
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 sliced banana
- Dividing evenly,spread 2 crisp bread cracker with 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread.Top with 1 sliced banana
#3 SNACK (Full details)
- 6 sticks celery, trimmed
- 6 granny smith apples, cut in half, each half cut into wedges
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- Use a juice extractor to process the celery, apples and ginger. Transfer to a large jug and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
#4 SNACK (Full details)
- 4 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- With a sharp knife, remove rind and white pith from oranges. Cut each into 5 or 6 slices and arrange on 4 plates. Whisk together orange juice and lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon. Spoon over the orange slices.
#5 SNACK (Full details)
- 100g bag salted microwave popcorn
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Cook the microwave popcorn according to the packet instructions. Tip into a large bowl. Sprinkle over the spices, then pour over the agave syrup. Stir and serve warm or pour into a bag and take to work as an afternoon snack.
#6 SNACK (Full details)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Brown Banana
- Dash of Cinnamon and Pumpkin Spice
- Handful of Berries
- 1 Tb Ground Flax
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Mash and Puree your banana until its smooth
- Crack 2 eggs into the banana mixture. Blend together with a spoon.
- Pat yourself on the back for creating your cake batter.
- Mix in and spices, flax seed, fruit to the batter.
- Spray some Pam or Olive Oil to a nonstick pan and turn your stove top to low-medium heat.
- Pour 2 Tb of the batter to the pan. Allow it to spread.
- Once it starts bubbling, GENTLY flip it over.
- Allow it to sizzle for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Repeat until batter is finished.
- Top with Blueberries, & Maple Syrup.
#7 SNACK (Full details)
- ½ toasted whole-grain “flat” bagel
- 2 tablespoons fresh ricotta
- ⅓ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoonhoney or agave nectar.
Spread ½ toasted whole-grain “flat” bagel with 2 tablespoons fresh ricotta. Top with ⅓ cup sliced strawberries. Drizzle with 1 teaspoonhoney or agave nectar.
I hope this was helpful to you ! Let me know (if you try it) which one was your personal favorite !
Have a great day/night ! Talk to you very soon 🙂